Which software can be used?
Our graphic department uses the following programs:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
You can use other software if you wish, but please make sure your file can be opened with one of the programs listed above. Programs such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel are not suited since they are word processing programs, not desktop publishing software.
Which file formats can be accepted?
- AI (Adobe Illustrator Artwork)
- EPS (Encapsulated PostScript)
- PDF (Portable Document Format)
- PSD (Photoshop Document)
- INDD (InDesign Document)
For all artwork containing logos, texts, or illustrations, we’d like to receive an EPS file as well as the matching PDF file to quickly check out the design. Your files should also be vectorized. Vector files can be enlarged or resized indefinitely without any loss of quality. Therefore, we prefer to work with AI, EPS, or vectorized PDF files.
We recommend files containing pictures or images be delivered as a PSD or INDD file together with the accompanying PDF file. The minimum resolution should be 300 dpi at 100% size.
A template in order to place your artwork can be sent upon request. This template is a blank document containing the outlines and some other technical information – for example, the position of the handle.
JPG, TIFF, GIF and PNG files are not suited, as these formats are generally compressed and/or do not contain vectors.
Guidelines to keep in mind
- Convert all fonts to outlines or also deliver the font you have utilized in your design.
- It is recommended that font size be no smaller than 6.5 pt.
- Create your files in the CMYK color mode (for full color print jobs) and/or in spot colors (Pantone colors). Do not use the RGB color mode!
- Include a 5 mm (0.2 inch) bleed for objects touching or running off the edge of the page.
- Don’t place text or other important information near the edge of the bag or handle. Stay at least 10 mm (0.4 inches) away of the trim line.
- Check your layout and spelling carefully before forwarding your artwork. Making several corrections is time-consuming and may cause additional costs.
How to send your digital files?
- Files up to 10 MB can be sent through e-mail to your contact at BioBag.
- Contact email@example.com if files are larger than 10 MB.
Ready to get started?
Download our checklist to help you get ready to submit your files.