The Alternative To Traditional Plastic Mulch Film
BioBag® agricultural film is sold under the name BioBag AgFilm. BioBag AgFilm can be delivered in many different sizes and qualities, all depending on the type of agriculture that is going to be cultivated. Contact us for specific product information.
BioBag AgFilm makes the daily work for farmers easier. At the end of a crop cycle, BioBag AgFilm residues can simply be plowed into the soil.
BioBag AgFilm is produced of Mater-Bi®, a bioplastic raw material created by complexing starch with polyesters.
BioBag cooperates with international universities and research institutions to continually develop the characteristics of BioBag AgFilm.
Advantages for Farmers
- Increase soil temperature
- Speed up the germination and cultivation cycles
- Long-term nutritious soil
- Cost and labor efficient
- Eliminate or reduce the use of herbicides and pesticides
- Reduce water consumption
- Keep fertilizers and nutrients closer to the plant
- Prevent fruits & vegetables from direct contact with the soil
About BioBag AgFilm
- Made from a resin derived from plants, vegetable oils and compostable polymers just like all our traditional BioBag compostable products for food and yard waste
- Customized life span, tailored for different crops
- No removal necessary
- No disposal costs
- No residues like traditional plastic in the field
- Faster access to the field
- An efficient alternative, in both agronomic and environmental terms to traditional plastic film
- Saves time and therefore costs required to remove and dispose of traditional plastic film
- Offers a family of grades fit for purpose
Applications with excellent test results for BioBag AgFilm:
- Flowers and Plants
- Faster access to field after harvest
- Decrease of pollution caused by PE plastic in our environment
- Good LCA(Life Cycle Analysis) values
Successful Danish Winegrowers Use BioAgri* Compostable Film
*BioBag Agricultural Film is sold under the name “BioAgri” in European markets and “BioBag Ag Film” in North American markets
BioBag AgFilm in fields: